If your September is anything like mine, you’re already exhausted on day 10.
Back-to-school obligations, soccer practices, homework, and just the general overwhelming feeling of wanting so badly to be organized…but still failing miserably at it….
While we would all love to be that person who makes beautiful, complicated meals every night, it’s not always possible. So my advice is: for the insane month of September, keep it simple.
I’m starting you off with a couple of recipes your whole family will enjoy, and that are so simple it’s almost silly. Phase 1-4 Friendly!!!
Slow Cooker Italian Beef
- 2-3 lb bottom round beef roast(lean)
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Beef Stock
- 3 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 jar pepperoncini rings
Place roast into the slow cooker. Add 1 cup low sodium beef broth and Italian seasoning. One hour before the roast is done add the peppers to the slow cooker. Total cooking time should be about 8-10 hours on low.
Serve on top of a salad or wrapped in boston lettuce leaves.
Really Really Good Pork Tenderloin
- 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
- 1 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth, no sugar added
- 3 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 8 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper pepper to taste
- Place pork tenderloin in the slow cooker with herbs and spices.
- Pour broth, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat.
- Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible.
- Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours.
Happy September! Enjoy!!!